Friday, November 16, 2012

 

Twilight blinds its viewers...are your eyes open??

I feel strongly about the movement occurring in the last ten years with teenage vampire romance. It started with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and continues to grow with the Twilight sage and various branches. I believe it is evil. Certainly there is nothing edifying. Do Christians have the freedom to watch and read the twilight series? Probably. Paul is fairly clear that all things are lawful but not all things edify. Take that with a grain of salt. A lot of people view it as simply a love story and think its wonderful. But dig deeper. Why is it so wonderful? I beg to differ. I think its evil and I think its scary. And know, I don't watch or read it to support my view. I watched about five minutes one time when I was unfamiliar with it and the false gospel plot line jumped out at me and I felt burdened in my spirit and did a little research. Its the same feeling I had when I watched Avatar, and actually showed it to my kids at CCCD. I ended up shutting it off before the end. I should have watched it first before showing it to my kids, but it was so popular and had a clean rating so I saw no harm in showing it to my kids. But it too portrays a false gospel. We allow the enemy to advance his agenda, and rather than fighting against it, we are actually carrying his banner. Now that is the ultimate deceiver! If you disagree with me, I still love you. But I can't be quiet about this.

theresurgence.com/2012/11/16/a-fathers-fright-of-twilight



Comments:
Amen Brother!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?