Wednesday, August 04, 2010

 

65 and counting...

This past weekend I had the opportunity to spend a weekend in Indianapolis with my Leman family. Each summer since I can remember we get together with the Sid and Fern Leman family for a weekend getaway somewhere in Indiana. This year we stayed at a hotel in Fishers, and although the activities were not as formal as others years, we were able to just hang out and spend time together. From playing rummikub with grandma and grandpa, to playing with my little cousins in the pool, euchre with my uncles, ticket to ride with cousins, etc etc.

The most incredible thing is that today is the 65th wedding anniversary of my grandparents. I'm 25 year old. They've been married for 65! Blows my mind. We watched the video from their 50th wedding anniversary party from 1995. It was really neat to see what we all looked like 15 years ago. So many memories. Uncle Dave asked them to share with us what helped them make it this far. They said lots of prayer and a good sense of humor. I love that answer. Grandpa also said respect throughout the family has helped keep it together. I praise God for the example my grandparents have been. They have been unconditional in their love and support of all of us, and I am thankful to have been home to celebrate number 65!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?